Matcha Almond Biscotti Recipe
Posted by Kimiko URIU on July 25, 2014 (0 Comments)
There's something about Matcha that pairs so well with sweets! These crunchy Matcha Almond Biscotti hit just the right notes of sweet and savoury, and Mariela promises us they are a cinch to make
- ½ cup vegetable oil (we used EVO for this recipe)
- 3 eggs1 cup sugar
- 1 1/2 teaspoons almond extract rose water
- 2 ¾ cups all-purpose flour1 tablespoon baking powder
- ½ cup slivered or chopped almonds
- 2-3 tablespoons KIMICHA matcha
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
- Grease cookie sheets or line with parchment paper
- In a medium bowl, beat together wet ingredients: oil, eggs, sugar and almond extract until well blended
- Combine flour, baking powder and matcha in separate bowl
- Stir egg mix into flour mixture to form a heavy dough
- Add almonds**If you do not want to add almonds, substitute ½ cup almonds with ¼ cup all-purpose flour*You can knead the dough by hand at this point.
- Divide dough into 2 pieces. Form each piece into a roll as long as the cookie sheet.
- Place onto prepared cookie sheet, and press down to ½ inch thickness, making sure the dough is smooth and that there are no cracks. Any cracks will get bigger once the biscotti bakes
- Bake for 25-30 minutes, until golden brown.
- Remove from baking sheet to cool on a wire rack
- Once cool enough to handle, slice the biscotti logs into ½ in slices crosswise.
- Place the slices cut side up back onto the baking sheet. Bake for an additional 6-10 minutes on each side. Cookie slices should be lightly toasted.
And remember, you have until July 31st to take advantage of our two deals on Matcha Powder:Use code MATCHACOOK to receive a discount on Organic Matcha Powder (both the small and large sizes)!Use code MATCHAYUM to receive a discount on our Daily and Ceremonial Matchas!